Apples and cheese are a nice combo of sweet and salty. Have you ever had them together in a sandwich? Don't forget the mustard! It adds a bit of a bite.
Apple Cheddar Grilled Cheese
butter, at room temperature (about 2 T.)
2 slices of bread of choice
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
whole grain mustard, to taste
1/2 an apple, sliced thin
1. Heat up a non-stick pan on medium-low heat.
2. Butter one slice of bread. On the other side spread on some mustard to taste and top with half of the shredded cheddar and the sliced apple. Place in the pan butter-side down.
3. Add the remaining cheddar on top of the apple slices, making sure to get to the edges.
4. Butter the other slice of bread and place on top of the cheese, butter-side facing out.
5. Cook slowly on medium-low heat until golden brown and toasty. Most of your cheese should be melted when it’s time to flip.
6. Carefully flip your sandwich and continue grilling. The second-side grills a bit faster, so turn the heat down to low and keep a close eye on it.
7. When toasty brown and perfect, remove from the pan, and enjoy hot!