A very simple recipe yet oh-so-tastey! When you make this at home, you can make it to your liking; add a jalepeño, garlic, chipotle pepper, mango, lime, what ever it is that you like in salsa!
Homemade Chips and Salsa for 4
To make the Salsa:
2 cups diced tomatoes, drained
½ medium white onion, diced small and then rinsed
½ bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Drain the tomatoes in a colander.
2. Chop the onion and cilantro.
3. Put everything in a blender and press just two presses on “pulse” (you do not want a puree here!) and serve with chips.
To make the chips:
Corn tortillas – 2 per person
1. Cut the corn tortillas into triangles
2. Lay out in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Spray with an oil spray and sprinkle generously with salt.
3. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until they are crisp.