Any way to add a vegetable to a sweet!
Carrot Cake - 8x8 pan
½ of a 16-ounce can crushed pineapple
1 & 1/3 cups flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup buttermilk
3 T. vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups grated carrots
¼ cup powdered sugar
To prepare cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat a 8x8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Drain pineapple in a sieve set over a bowl, pressing on the solids. Reserve the drained pineapple and 3 T. of the juice.
3. Whisk flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a medium bowl.
4. Whisk eggs, sugar, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and the 3 T. pineapple juice in a large bowl until blended.
5. Stir pineapple, and the carrots into the buttermilk mixture. Add the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon just until blended.
6. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan, spreading evenly.
7. Bake the cake until the top springs back when touched lightly and a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean, 30 - 40 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
When cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar on top