Raspberry Muffins with Streusel Topping yields 12
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter, melted
¼ cup applesauce
¾ cup whole milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ cups fresh raspberries
Streusel Topping Ingredients
¼ cup flour
2 tbsp butter softened
2 tbsp brown sugar
In a small bowl combine the flour, butter and brown sugar by rubbing between your fingers until it is blended together. Sprinkle on top of each muffin before baking.
1. Heat oven to 400° F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or coat it with cooking spray, vegetable oil, or butter.
2. In a medium bowl, combine 1¾ cups of the flour, sugar, the baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the butter and applesauce to the dry mixture and mix just until combined.
4. In a second bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, and vanilla.
5. Gradually add the milk mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined; the batter will be lumpy.
6. Toss the berries with the remaining flour in a bowl. Gently fold the berry mixture into the batter.
7. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full. Sprinkle with the streusel topping.
8. Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean and the streusel topping is golden.